After iOS 13, Microsoft's Xbox One controller are officially supported on Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. This implies that any brand-new Xbox gamepad may be used to play iOS video games on an iPhone. No specialized cables, third-party gear, or hacking are necessary. Here's how to use the settings integrated into your smartphone to enable an Xbox One controller for iPhone gaming.
How to Connect an iPhone to an Xbox Controller
Connecting an Xbox game controller to an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad should take more than a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Click the Settings app.
- Tap Bluetooth. If Bluetooth isn't already turned on, turn the Bluetooth toggle to the green position at the top of the next page.
- Take hold of your Xbox One controller and ensure it's charged while the Bluetooth menu is still active. You may start it by hitting the Xbox logo button.
- On the back of your Xbox One controller, press and hold the wireless enrollment button for a few seconds. In most cases, you may skip this step if your Xbox One controller has already been repaired from another device. The Xbox button's light should start to flash quickly. The Xbox button must be pressed and held to enter pairing mode.
- In the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth options on your iOS device, the Xbox Wireless Controller should appear. Toggle it.
- Your Xbox button's light should instantly cease flashing and remain on. The Xbox One controller you are using is now paired.
How To Disconnect The Xbox One Controller From Your iPhone
Here's how to switch off the Xbox One once you've finished using it to play. Holding down the Xbox button for a couple seconds is the easiest approach. You may also disable it on your iPhone by using the Control Center:
- On an iPhone with Face ID support, swipe diagonally from the top right corner of the screen toward the bottom left to access the Control Center. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on an iPhone that supports Touch ID to unlock it.
- Hold down the blue Bluetooth symbol while pressing it.
- Once the menu shows, tap and hold the "Bluetooth: On" icon.
- In the choices that appear, look for "Xbox Wireless Controller." When you press it, your controller will instantly disconnect.
Which iPhone Games Are Xbox Controller Compatible?
Many iPhone video games support Xbox controllers and other standard gamepads. Fortnite and Stardew Valley are two of the most well-known games that support Xbox controllers on iOS. You may also use your controller with the following games:
- The Deer God
- Attack the Light: Steven Universe Light RPG
- PewDiePie: Legend of Brofist
- Pang Adventures
- Shantae: Risky Adventure
- Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
If you have the Xbox One controller tucked away in your backpack, there is a significant possibility it may unintentionally come on in this manner. It's an excellent idea to unpair the device when traveling and re-pair it when you want to play. As you can see, the process takes little time.